Lynski is one of South Africa's most famous Game Fishing Charterers. We specialize in Marlin, Shark and Reef fishing and depart daily from Durban Marina to the deep blue Indian Ocean.
The boats large decks cater fully for all aspects of angling. WE’RE NOT “FLASHY” BUT SAFETY COMES FIRST.
WE PRIDE OURSELF IN THE SERVICE, COMFORT AND RESULTS WE OFFER and OH BOY, can we catch fish!!
The boats have been custom built for the comfort of big game fishing and Reef fishing to prepare, and boat that Trophy fish.
Records will always be broken so try your luck. Fly Fishermen have had great results on Lynski.
- We depart from the jetty at approximately 5 am and return at around 2 pm (or another time by arrangement).
- The Charter Cost is for the boat for the day for 1-6+2 persons. Plus a 10% tip for The Deckhand ! If you are HAPPY ! We try not to mix groups as it can be a long day out there with someone you don’t get along with!!
- Bring your own food and drink – usually supplied by hotels. Take home your catch if you wish. All Rods, Reels, Tackle and Bait supplied.
- No charge if the trip is cancelled by Lynski.
- We do not get in your way or compete with you for fish. You are encouraged to do as much as possible.
- A two day booking can be pretty enjoyable. (Three days can be hard labour). Please book well in advance to avoid disappointment. The Boats are licensed to carry 12, but we try to limit this to 6 for fishing plus an optional 2 spectators. Should you wish to have your catch trophy mounted (even if you released it) our Taxidermist is standing by.
- If you require assistance with transport or accommodation please let us know. We are able to organize an excellent Bed & Breakfast near our home in Umhlanga. All you need to bring is your video camera to watch that once in a lifetime moment, and if you don’t have your own video camera, we’ll supply that as well! Just ask, we’re a family business giving you your best chance to catch fish.
Fish that are available and seasons off the Durban coast.
(Please note this is a guide as many fish surprise us by appearing early or late in the season).
PELAGIC FISH (GAME FISH)
- Mainly during the summer months (BUT STILL AROUND in May!!).
- November to April – Marlin (Black Striped, Blue) Sailfish, Short Billed Spearfish, Yellow Fin Tuna, Skipjack Tuna, Kawa Kawa, Dorado, Wahoo, Bonito, Yellow Tail Kingfish, Queen Fish, King & Queen Mackerel and Cobia.
REEF FISH (BOTTOM FISHING)
- All year round – Slinger, Soldiers, Rock Cod, Englishman, Scotsman, Muscle Cracker.
- June to October – Steenbras, Garrick / Leervis.
- December to August – Elf (Shad, Blue Fish, Taylor).
- All year, but best August to November – Salmon (Geelbek / Cape).
- June to November – Daga Salmon.
- All year, best in Summer (January) – Sharks.